In this post I will show you how to mine bitcoin using the CPU of your linux computer using a software called cpuminer.
- We are using Ubuntu server version 16. (64 bits)
- If you are looking for profit you should try to mine monero using your CPU (Check our blog posts)
- We are using the MINERGATE minig pool
- Minergate will charge you a small percentage of your mining profits, something like 1.5%
First, you will need to create an account at MINERGATE
Use the following commands to install the required softwares on your linux computer.
# apt-get update # apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev git # apt-get install build-essential # apt-get install autotools-dev autoconf # apt-get install libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev
Create a directory and download the bitcoin cpuminer software:
# mkdir /downloads # cd /downloads # git clone https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer # cd cpuminer
Use the following commands to compile and install the cpuminer software on your linux computer:
# ./autogen.sh # CFLAGS="-march=native" ./configure # make # make install
In order to start mining bitcoin, use the following command:
# minerd -o stratum+tcp://btc.pool.minergate.com:3335 -u firstname.lastname@example.org -p x
- You need to change the username email@example.com from the command above to the username that you created on theminergate website.
In our YOUTUBE channel, we offer a video showing you the step by step procedure.
this is my standard procedure:
make clean git pull ./autogen.sh ./configure --enable-debug make sudo make install